Why use a wine chiller?
Wine chillers are specifically designed to not just preserve but to age wine. Storing and aging wine properly brings out the full flavour potential.
- Wine chillers have low vibration compressors to reduce disturbance of the sediment in the wine, which can affect the natural aging process.
- Wine chillers maintain the humidity between 50 – 80% whereas refrigerators are designed to remove humidity from the environment. Low humidity will dry out the corks and affect the aging process.
- They have more accurate temperature controls. Temperature stability is one of the primary factors that help preserve and age the wine. General household refrigerators tend to have larger temperature fluctuations.
- Circulating fan balances the storage temperature.
- They have auto defrost functions to maintain interior temperature and prevent frosting.
- Our units also come as front discharging, which allows them to be built in. If heat is not dispensed efficiently, it may cause the unit to overheat.
- Low LED lighting is used in wine chillers as opposed to florescent lights which can break down and destroy the wine flavour.